Recipe - Lentil Bolognese
Monday 23 March 2020
- 800g cooked Lentils
- 2 tin chopped tomato
- 2 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 carrots chopped
- 4 stick celery chopped
- 250g washed spinach
- Chopped Basil, or 1 teaspoon mix dried herbs
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tablespoon tomato puree
- Salt and Pepper
- 500g Pasta
- Fry off the onion, celery, carrot and garlic in a little oil and cook for 5-10mins
- Add the lentils, chopped tomatoes, bay leaf, herbs and tomato puree. Bring to a boil and gently simmer for 20 minutes
- In a separate pot boil water and cook pasta as per manufacturer's instructions
- Season the Lentil Bolognese with salt and pepper and stir in the spinach leafs.
- Drain the pasta and add to the bolognese, stirring until the bolognaise has coated the pasta.
- Serve topped with your favourite grated cheese.
A quick variation:
- Add in a tin of mixed beans or kidney beans to the bolognaise plus 1 teaspoon of chilli powder, half a teaspoon of cumin and serve with rice instead of pasta and you have a delightful vegetarian chilli.
View All News